- Title Pages
- 1 Looking at the Middle East Differently: An Alternative Conceptual Lens
- 2 An Attempt to Evaluate the Development of Arab Civil Society
- 3 Arab Media over the Past Twenty Years: Opportunities and Challenges
- 4 On the Margins of Defeat: A Sociology of Arab Intellectuals Under Authoritarianism
- 5 Women's Empowerment Hammers Patriarchy: How Big is the Dent?
- 6 Continuity and Change in Islamist Political Thought and Behavior: the Transformations of Armed Islamist Movements in Egypt and Algeria
- 7 Nonstate Actors: A Comparative Analysis of Change and Development within Hamas and Hezbollah
- 8 The Challenge of Change and the Necessity of Social Engineering
- Appendix Data and Comments On Middle East Transformations: 1989–2009
- The Changing Middle East
- American University in Cairo Press
Cairo Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.