- Title Pages
- Contesting Myths, Critiquing Cosmopolitanism, and Creating the New Cairo School of Urban Studies
- 1 Cairo as Neoliberal Capital? From Walled City to Gated Communities
- 2 Cairo as Capital of Socialist Revolution?
- 3 Cairo as Regional/Global Economic Capital?
- 4 Cairo as Global/Regional Cultural Capital?
- 5 Egyptianizing the American Dream
- 6 Café Latte and Caesar Salad
- 7 From Dubai to Cairo
- 8 Keeping Him Connected
- 9 Reconstructing Islamic Cairo
- 10 Urban TransformationsSocial
- 11 Pyramids and Alleys
- 12 Belle-éPoque Cairo
- 13 Upper Egyptian Regionally Based Communities in Cairo
- 14 Place, Class, and Race in the Barabra Café
- 15 When the Lights Go Down in Cairo
- 16 A Round Trip to Isma‘iliya
- 17: Mulids of Cairo
- 18 The Giza Zoo
- 19 Egypt's Pop-music Clashes and the ‘world-crossing’ Destinies of Muhammad ‘ali Street Musicians
- Whose Cairo?
- Cairo Cosmopolitan
- American University in Cairo Press
Cairo Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.